Medical Scholars Program at UC Riverside
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is a pathway program sponsored by the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine that is designed to help undergraduate students prepare for careers in health or biomedical sciences. Students in the MSP distinguish themselves through their leadership, commitment to program goals, and desire to provide service to underserved and diverse communities.
MSP supports students who are first generation to college and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged. Student with a commitment to helping underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our Pathway Programs
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is one of several pathway programs offered by the UCR School of Medicine. These programs are designed to help individuals interested in pursuing a career in the medical or health fields.
To learn more about the available pathway programs, please visit the Pathway Programs page on the UCR School of Medicine website.
Have a question? Contact us at MSP@medsch.ucr.edu or call us at (951) 827-4935.
- Peer mentors & transfer ambassadors.
- Faculty and staff mentors and advisors.
- Academic coaches for science and math classes.
- Community college transfer student support.
- Study skills workshops.
- Advising nights.
- Community center for independent and group study sessions.
Professional Career Development
- Career planning workshops.
- Seminars and workshops on the graduate and professional school application process.
- Leadership development.
- Eight-week, full-time paid summer research internships with UCR faculty.
- Community service opportunities.
- Seminars and speaker programs with faculty and clinicians on community medicine and health disparities.
- Community meetings and student networking.
- Summer research.