Helping Undergraduates to Careers in Health & Biomedical Sciences
Medical Scholars Program at UC Riverside
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is a pathway program sponsored by the University of California, Riverside (UCR) School of Medicine that is designed to help UCR undergraduate students prepare for careers in health or biomedical sciences. Students in the MSP distinguish themselves through their leadership, commitment to program goals, and desire to provide service to underserved and diverse communities.
The MSP supports incoming and current UCR students who are first generation to college and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged. We highly encourage incoming transfer, first and second year students with a commitment to helping underserved communities to apply!
Benefits of the Medical Scholars Program
The Medical Scholars Program provides students with a series of enrichment activities that hone their academic skills, expose them to a wide array of campus opportunities, and help them to become excellent candidates for continuing education in the health fields. Emphasis is placed on student transition support for first and second year students, as well as transfer students. Benefits include:
- Peer mentors for first year and transfer students.
- Faculty and staff mentors and advisors.
- Community college transfer student support.
- Study skills workshops.
- Advising nights.
- Wellness and social events.
- Opportunities for independent and group study sessions.
Professional Career Development
- Career planning workshops.
- Seminars and workshops on the graduate and professional school application process.
- Leadership development opportunities and workshops.
- Seminars and speaker programs with faculty and clinicians on community medicine and health disparities.
- Community meetings and student networking.
- Exposure to summer research opportunities.
Our Pathway Programs
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is one of several pathway programs offered by the UCR School of Medicine. These programs are designed to help individuals interested in pursuing a career in the medical or health fields.
To learn more about the available pathway programs, please visit the Pathway Programs page on the UCR School of Medicine website.
Have a question? Contact us at MSP@medsch.ucr.edu or call us at (951) 827-4935.