Medical Scholars Program at UC Riverside
During summer 2023, the Pathway Programs will offer a one-week in-person program called JumpStart for incoming first-year students. To learn more, visit the Jumpstart page.
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is a pathway program sponsored by the University of California, Riverside (UCR) School of Medicine that is designed to help UCR undergraduate students prepare for careers in health or biomedical sciences. Students in the MSP distinguish themselves through their leadership, commitment to program goals, and desire to provide service to underserved and diverse communities.
The MSP supports incoming and current UCR students who are first generation to college and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged. We highly encourage incoming transfer, first and second year students with a commitment to helping underserved communities to apply!
If you are an incoming first-year, first-generation, and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged student pursuing a career in the health sciences, be sure to check out our JumpStart program. It is a one-week Pathway Program at the UCR School of Medicine designed to provided incoming first-year students at UCR an opportunity to prepare for the beginning of their college education, gain skills needed to succeed in a university-level learning environment, and become familiar with life at UCR.
- Peer mentors for first year and transfer students.
- Faculty and staff mentors and advisors.
- Community college transfer student support.
- Study skills workshops.
- Advising nights.
- Wellness and social events.
- Opportunities for independent and group study sessions.
Professional Career Development
- Career planning workshops.
- Seminars and workshops on the graduate and professional school application process.
- Leadership development opportunities and workshops.
- Seminars and speaker programs with faculty and clinicians on community medicine and health disparities.
- Community meetings and student networking.
- Exposure to summer research opportunities.
Our Pathway Programs
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is one of several pathway programs offered by the UCR School of Medicine. These programs are designed to help individuals interested in pursuing a career in the medical or health fields.
To learn more about the available pathway programs, please visit the Pathway Programs page on the UCR School of Medicine website.
Have a question? Contact us at MSP@medsch.ucr.edu or call us at (951) 827-4935.