Our Pipeline Programs
The Medical Scholars Program (MSP) is one of several pipeline programs offered by the UCR School of Medicine. These programs are designed to help individuals interested in pursuing a career in the medical or health fields.
To learn more about the available pathway programs, please visit the Pathway Programs page on the UCR School of Medicine website.
Have a question? Contact us at MSP@ucr.edu or call us at (951) 827-4937.
Benefits of the Medical Scholars Program
The Medical Scholars Program provides students with a series of enrichment activities that hone their academic skills, expose them to a wide array of campus opportunities, and help them to become excellent candidates for continuing education in the health fields. Benefits include:
- Peer mentors & transfer ambassadors.
- Faculty and staff mentors and advisors.
- Academic coaches for science and math classes.
- Community college transfer student support.
- Study skills workshops.
- Advising nights.
- Community center for independent and group study sessions.
Professional Career Development
- Career planning workshops.
- Seminars and workshops on the graduate and professional school application process.
- Leadership development.
- Eight-week, full-time paid summer research internships with UCR faculty.
- Community service opportunities.
- Seminars and speaker programs with faculty and clinicians on community medicine and health disparities.
- Community meetings and student networking.
- Summer research.